Thursday, May 1, 2008

My today's

           I have been thinking a lot lately about time. Have you ever had those moments where you wished that right then you could freeze time? That you could capture a beautiful moment? These last few weeks I have felt this way many times. I have had some amazing experiences shared with many wonderful people. I am finishing up my semester at Berklee College of Music on Tuesday. I can't believe how fast the semester has flown by! I have loved my first year of school at Berklee. I have learned and grown in so many different way's that I never could have imagined! As the semester comes to a close I find myself always looking forward.. to tonight... tomorrow.... summer.... But, I have realized that I really need to live in this time right now. I need to enjoy ever second and minute given to me. I will never be given this day ever again, I don't want to waste it! The future will come, and it's okay to plan for it. But, today is happening now, and I need to make the best of my today's. As I have made this goal to stop worrying and always looking forward, I have been able to recognize more the little daily blessings that I normally let pass me by. 
          Today I was jogging around the beautiful Charles river. It was breathtaking to look out on the river and recognize the beauty of this world! Not only the beauty of this world, but also of the people in this world. I love seeing everyone outside walking around the river with families and friends. Sometimes I just look at people and wonder what their life is about, what their struggles and trials are. It makes me sad to think that many of these people don't have the wonderful blessing of the Gospel in their life. It causes me to think how they live each day without the knowledge that I have. I then am instantly hit with an overwhelming feelings that our Heavenly Father loves and cares for them in a very real way. I love knowing that he loves all of us the same. No matter who we are, or what kind of lives we are living. What a beautiful thought! In time, all of these people, people we all see and talk with everyday, will have the opportunity to hear of the wonderful Gospel. I hope and pray that the many good people I know, will embrace the Gospel when that time comes. 
          I encourage you all to live in the time that you have been given. Treat your family and friends with love, honesty, and kindness. Time flies by way to fast for any of us to let it pass us by. I hope that I can be more productive with my time. I look forward changing myself and recognizing how important it is for me to use the time I have been given to do good. Live for your today's!

President Monson councils us to:

" 1. Learn from the past 2. Prepare for the future 3. Live in the present
Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up to much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it". 

Matthew 6: 19-21
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

Love you all- Carly Jo

No comments: