Saturday, December 13, 2008

The best four months





Words cannot describe what an incredible four months that I have had here in China. I came with a purpose and I truly feel that I have accomplished that purpose. These children have the light of Christ in them! I truly love them as if they were my own children. I feel like my heart has grown beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I could feel my Saviors love for them pouring through me. I am so glad that I could be a part of their lives for this short time frame. As much fun as I have loved traveling and doing crazy things in China, in the end, it was all about these sweet children. The girls and I missed them so much when we were away from the school. I love them so much. My heart is broken, as it was the first time that I came to China. I have now had two opportunity's to spend time in China, fall in love with the Chinese people, their culture, and their children. I am so blessed! I know that many of these children will one day accept the message of the restored Gospel and I look forward to the wonderful reunion I will have with them in heaven. I hope that I can never forget the things that I have learned here in China. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this opportunity that I know is once (or twice:) in a lifetime! It was very last minute and spur of the moment but has turned into another life changing experience. 

Wo ai Zhong Gou!!!

(I love China!)

2 comments:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Carly Jo, This was a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I can sense those kids made a real impact on you. Have a Very Merry Christ-centered Christmas!

krystal said...

carly these are cute pictures :)