Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 36: The joys of parenting; hard work, laughter, and good food!


This was my first time visiting Paris. Of course while growing up I heard all about the Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, the Opera House, ect... Who would have thought that my favorite moments in France would not be spent at any of these places? Nope not at all, they were in the brief minutes spent within the homes of beautiful families.

We had the chance to photograph four families here in France and each of them taught us something significant. It's hard to remember it all and take it all in! While we were with them, I couldn't help but get more and more excited to share their stories with people in other parts of the world who could also benefit from knowing them! I'll do my best to share a few favorite lines given to us by some of these incredible parents.

Marc is an excellent father! He and his wife Elise have four beautiful children. When we asked him about the joys of fatherhood he shared with us, "I'm really happy to be a dad, to have my 4 children for me- it's all my life. I'm really happy to work for them, to be with them, I love my wife and my children very much".



Christian and Bridget are living in Paris for three years with their family and they love it very much! Christian is from the United States, he works for the army, and Bridget is from Germany. They have three boys and Bridget's mother comes to stay with them often. They had lots of good things to say about raising a family, "We have very sure views on parenting, for us a good day is when we have breakfast and dinner together, meals are very important to us. We love food!"




And Celestine, a beautiful mother of two simply stated, "I'm happy to be a mom because our kids are really fun, they always make me laugh." 




I'm not a parent yet, but I hope that someday I can have the same joy and love for children as these incredible parents had! I'm really excited for E3 Imagine to include these families in our books so that people across the globe can see that no matter where you go, there are families, families who love, and families who are happy! It's universal! 


Please CLICK HERE to visit E3 Imagine's official blog at www.e3imagine.com 

2 comments:

Draley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Draley Porter said...

Cute Carly!!!!!