Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Taking some time to be crafty! Thank you Pinterest.

So my new found joy is this incredible site called... ready..... wait for it..... PINTEREST! haha I know that there are lots of you out there who would agree with me and that it is the best idea EVER.

I've been looking up fun crafty things to do and I'm really happy about a few of them! I really needed a break from making movies all day everyday......
First, sewing my old flare jeans into skinny jeans! I'm wondering why I hadn't thought of it sooner! I ran upstairs a few nights ago and pulled out three pairs of jeans and started sewing away. I may have been a little excited and kind of botched the first pair... but the other two looked awesome!


Here is one of em. Actually, my sister was going to send these to DI. WHATEVER Catie! muah ha ha now she is going to want to wear them. I just turned them inside out and used chalk to draw a straight line on the outer seams going from the knee down to the foot. Sew along the line and the cut the excess. Walaa!


The scond project was a bit harder. I wish I would have taken more pictures of  the project. I got the idea from THIS CUTE BLOG . Pretty much I bought two yards of fabric and a 16x16 pillow form. I cute two pieces of fabric that were 17.5 inch square for the front and back. Then cut long 8 2inch wide long strips, the full length of the fabric. I had to fray check one side of each of them (takes some time but is necessary). Then you begin pinning and sewing!! Take a look at her blog to get better details. I LOVE how it turned out though! You're jealous. 


No comments: