Thursday, December 1, 2011

Incredible time in Israel

I thought that I would share a few pictures from our trip to Israel. When people ask me which country was my favorite I usually respond with Israel. It was so special to be in the Holy Land and to spend with people there who's families have lived there for centuries. 


We were so lucky that we got to spend a little extra time at the entrance to the tomb with just our group. What a spiritual experience this was, being able to walk in to the garden tomb and feel the spirit that was there.  Especially after having served as a missionary at Temple Square, I enjoyed reflecting upon the Savior, his life, death, and resurrection. 


Church of the Holy Sepulcher in the old city Jerusalem. I loved walking through this historic place where different faiths had their own sections to worship in. It dates back to the early 2nd century. 


Sea of Galilee in Capernaum. I'm loved reading through scriptures in the New Testament of Christ's life now and having a picture in my mind of the places where he lives, taught, and brought about miracles. I'm so grateful I got the chance to visit so many places and really envision what it was like to live in that time. 



No comments: